OK, first off you need to use regedt32 for this … if you have never used this, or not sure then read up on it first, get used to it then try this … you could muck up Windows if you don’t know what you are doing … you have been warned !!
- Close IE
- Goto regedit
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings
- Create two DWORD values [Right click, New> DWORD Value] as follows
- MaxConnections Per1_0Server : Decimal value 10
- MaxConnections PerServer : Decimal value 10
- (if you already have these two DWORDs then increase the decimal value to 10 in each
Open IE and you should see a load page performace increase.
Why does this work?
Internet Explorer performance is greatly dependent in part on the number of simultaneous connections that can be made for a current page. By default, the value is 4. This means only a maximum of 4 simultaneous connectons will be made per server.